Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tattoo Designs

I can never tell if a tattoo artist appreciates it or hates it when their customers bring in designs for them. My guess is the latter. Either way, here are a couple of tattoos I wanted that the kind folks down at 13 Roses in EAV inked onto me.


I'm from Oregon, so I wanted a reminder of home now that I live on the east coast. This is my favorite sign in downtown Portland. It's up above Old Town and known as the "White Stag" sign. When I was growing up there, it used to say "Made In Oregon", now it says "Portland Oregon". Mine is blank in the middle (as you can see).


I've been working as an animator for a long time, so I really wanted a tattoo that referred to animation in some way. This is the owl from the opening of the Walt Disney Silly Symphony short, "The Skeleton Dance" (animated by Ub Iwerks). "The Skeleton Dance" has been one of my favorite shorts of mine forever, Ub Iwerks is a big time hero of mine, and I really like owls. This one was a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment